Ohio BMV | Columbus Regional Service Center
1583 Alum Creek Dr.
Columbus, Ohio 43209
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Reinstatement Fee Payment Plan
Your status will be Valid, Expired, or Eligible to Test as long as you continue to make your payments.
To apply, complete BMV Form 1152, available online, at a deputy registrar office, at a regional reinstatement office, or request through the mail.
Eligibility - You must:
- Provide proof of insurance;
- Owe at least $150 in Reinstatement Fees;
- Have met all other reinstatement requirements except for paying reinstatement fees;
- Are not currently on a court-ordered fee payment plan; and
- Do not have a pending suspension.
- Online: oplates.com
- Phone: 1-866-OPLATES (675-2837)
- At a Regional Reinstatement Office
- At a Deputy Registrar office (a $10 service fee applies)
- By Mail
For More Information:
Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 5:45 p.m., Saturday: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Reinstatement Fee Monthly Installment Plan
How long will the application process take?
- By mail: Within 10 business days after received.
- Regional reinstatement office: Immediately.
- Deputy Registrar office: Within seven business days and a $10 service fee will be charged.
- Visit their website for BMV locations.
If I am no longer a resident of Ohio, will I be eligible to apply for payment plan?
- Yes. Any person owing reinstatement fees in Ohio and meeting the requirements is eligible.
What is the monthly payment amount?
- The minimum monthly payment required is $50.
How can I make my payments?
- Pay online by electronic check only. Allow seven business days for BMV processing.
- By phone at 1-866-OPLATES (675-2837) by electronic check only. Allow seven business days for BMV processing.
- In person at any Regional Reinstatement Office. Cash, check, or money order.
- In person at any Deputy Registrar ($10 service fee will be charged). Cash, check, or money order. For BMV locations visit their website.
- By mail, with check or money order, to:
OHIO BMV, RE FEES
PO BOX 16520
Columbus, Ohio 43216-6520
Will holders of Commerical Driver Licenses be eligible for the BMV Fee Installment Plan?
- CDL drivers will be eligible for the free installment plan and maintain their CDL license.
What if I am not eligible for the Free Installment Plan and submit payment of $50?
- The payment will be applied to the balance of the reinstatement fees owed (no refund will be issued).
How will I be notified once items are sent to the BMV?
- A BMV 2006 information letter will be sent indicating your installment plan has been approved and your license status is Valid, Expired, or Cleared to Retest.
- A denial notice will be sent indicating a Not Eligible status and reason(s).
What if I am currently on a court-ordered payment plan?
- A Termination Order must be obtained from the court before applying for the BMV Fee Installment Plan.
What is a Court-Ordered Payment Plan?
- The court may grant a fee payment plan with limited driving privileges while making payments to the BMV on your reinstatement fees.
What will happen if I miss a payment?
- If you miss a payment, the installment plan will become inactive.
- The license status will revert back to "Failure to Reinstate."
- The reinstatement fee installment plan may be reactivated after a $50 payment is applied to the BMV record.