Franklin County First Step Program
Click on the logo to learn more about this program
Please spread the word to your friends, family, neighbors, or anyone you believe may benefit from the array of service providers congregating in one location to help individuals start-off on the right foot.
Franklin County First Step is a wraparound supportive service exposition on steroids.
Franklin County First Step meets the first Friday of every month. This event is not like any other Resource Fair that has taken place in Franklin County. Our goal is to ensure that every person who walks away from this event has completed the “first step” on his or her journey to successful reintegration.
The purpose of this event is to create a seamless bridge from incarceration to the community. We are not handing out business cards and handshakes with the proverbial “call me if you’re interested”.
All the providers in attendance at this event are committed to resolving issues, filling in the gaps, conducting intakes, and making appointments to see a designated representative (e.g. case manager, workforce development specialist, etc.) of their agency for the participants’ next step.
Let Franklin County First Step start you off on the right foot toward successful community reintegration.
Here is a short list of a few community providers that participate in Franklin County First Step on a monthly basis.
- JFS –Jobs and Family Services
- BMV – Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus & Ohio Poverty Law Center
- Child Support Enforcement Agency
- Franklin County Veterans Service Commission
- Social Security Administration
- PrimaryOne Health Services
- Alvis, Inc
- Community Properties of Ohio
- TAPP –Training Apprenticeship Placement Project
- CEO – Center for Employment Opportunities
- First Step Central Ohio Citizen Circle
- Ohio Means Jobs